Photoshop has several tools for removing backgrounds. Some tools have to do all the work, while others do it almost completely automatically. This article describes how to remove backgrounds in Photoshop using 3 different tools.
Use the Pen Tool
The Pen Tool works best with simple objects. Great for selecting objects with hard lines, straight lines, and curves.
Step 1: Select the Pen Tool
Select the Pen Tool from the toolbar on the left. You can also use the keyboard shortcut “P”. Make sure it is set to “Path” in the top menu.
Step 2: Draw a Path
Click on the edge of the subject to create the first anchor point. Create a second anchor point. For straight lines, just click. If you want a curve, click and drag to make the line an arc. You can smoothly turn around rounded edges and curves.
Be sure to Option-click (Alt-click on Windows) the last anchor point after the curve. Otherwise, the next arc will automatically depend on the previous line. If you hold down the Option key, the anchor points will be reset so you can recreate the straight line.
It takes some practice to get the hang of it, but after a while, it goes much faster. Continue the process until you create a path around the subject. When you reach the first anchor point, click on it. The path will be closed automatically.
Step 3: Convert Path
In the Paths window, hit the “Load path as selection” icon.
Step 4: Remove the Background in Photoshop
Currently, there are several options. If you want to erase the background, go to Select> Invert and press Delete. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Cmd + Shift + I (Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows). Press Cmd + J (Ctrl + J on Windows) to copy the subject to a new layer. And now you have separated the subject in Photoshop and removed the background.
Use the Quick Selection Tool
The Quick Select tool does a lot of work and works best when the contrast between the subject and the background is good.
Step 1: Quick Selection
Select the Quick Select tool from the toolbar on the left. You can also use the “W” key shortcuts Make sure it is set to “Add to selection” in the top menu. This allows you to select different parts of an object and combine them into one selection.
Step 2: Make a Selection
Select either the background or the subject. Photoshop automatically selects similar tone values.
Step 3: Refine Edges
Click the Adjust Edges button to open a new window. The cutout is also displayed in Photoshop. You can set the background in the Adjust Edges window. Depending on the color of your subject, you can use a white, black, or transparent background to identify defects. In the top menu, set the brush size. Paint the edges of the selection and Photoshop will adjust the selection. This is useful when choosing hair, leaves, or fur. Photoshop uses the foreground and background contrast to fine-tune your selection.
Step 4: Remove the Background
Repeat Step 4 of the previous example to remove the background.
easy method 2022
Object Selection Tools
There are many ways to remove backgrounds in Photoshop. It all depends on the photo you’re working on and how perfect your choice is. In any case, you need to practice all the tools Photoshop provides. First, use a simple photo. A photo with a beautiful background and a high contrast between the foreground and the background. Soon after, the background will be removed from all types of photos.
Note: If you want to make some adjustments to the photo just let me know. I can do it for you at a very low cost. You can hire me to edit your photo
- Mastering Smartphone Photography: A Comprehensive Guide with Pro TipsIntroduction: In the era of powerful smartphones equipped with advanced camera technology, mastering the art of smartphone photography has become more accessible than ever. Whether you’re an amateur or a seasoned photographer, these tips will help you elevate your smartphone photography game. From composition techniques to editing tricks, let’s dive into the world of capturing …
- Things All Photographers Need to Know About CopyrightUnderstanding copyright is essential for photographers to protect their creative work and navigate the legal landscape surrounding image usage. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the key aspects of copyright that all photographers need to know. 1. What is Copyright? Copyright is a legal right that grants the creator of an original work exclusive …
- How to Maximize Image Quality in PhotographyMaximizing image quality in photography involves a combination of capturing techniques, camera settings, and post-processing methods. This comprehensive guide explores various aspects of the photography process, from pre-capture considerations to post-production steps, all aimed at achieving the highest possible image quality. 1. Start with Quality Gear Investing in a high-quality camera and lenses is the …
- Lightroom’s HDR Display Features ExplainedLightroom, Adobe’s powerful photo editing and management software, offers a range of features to enhance and optimize your photographic workflow. One of the notable features is HDR (High Dynamic Range) display capabilities. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore Lightroom’s HDR display features, their functionalities, and how they can be leveraged to improve your editing experience. …
- Mastering Amazon Product Photography: Best Practices for Captivating Product ImagesIntroduction In the competitive landscape of e-commerce, effective product photography is a crucial element in driving sales and creating a lasting impression. When it comes to selling on Amazon, where customers heavily rely on visual information, your product images play a pivotal role in convincing potential buyers. In this guide, we’ll explore the best practices …