1. Grab the Quick Select Tool
Launch Photoshop. Upload the photo of your choice. Grab the Quick Select Tool (W) in the Tools panel.
2. Select the Hair
The next step of our change hair color Photoshop tutorial is selecting the hair. To include more areas, just click and drag over them. If you selected more than intended, you can remove content, by pressing the Alt/Opt keys as you click the part you want to remove.
3. Go to Select and Mask
To make our selection more accurate, click on the “Select and Mask’. You’ll see it in the Options Bar along the top. This will bring up a new window, where you’ll be able to further improve your selection.
4. Refine Edges
In a newly appeared window, you’ll see the toolbar on the left. It contains a bunch of tools that will help us refine our hair selection.
We’ll be using the Refine Edge Tool, as it’ the best for which is second from the top. It will help you deal even with the most difficult hair selections. Outline the rough edges to make the selection more accurate.
Remember, holding down the Alt/Opt keys will help you add or remove content from it.
5. Check the Boxes
After that, make sure to tick the boxes next to the “Smart Radius” and “Decontaminate Colors” options. The latter will help you fix any color fringing issues while the “Smart Radius” option will apply a smaller radius to clear-cut edges and a bigger one to more complicated ones.
Open the dropdown list next to the “Output to” box. Select “New Layer with Layer Mask.”
6. Confirm the Changes
Press “OK” to apply the changes. Once you’ve finalized them, your selection is ready.
7. Add 2 Adjustment Layers
Once you have done that, go to the Layers panel. If it’s not activated, you’ll find it under Window > Layers. If you’re a fan of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts, use the F7 key.
Then, activate the background layer. Add 2 adjustment layers: Hue/Saturation, Curves.
8. Click on the Clip Button
We don’t want our changes to be applied to all of the layers below. We only want to influence our current layer. In order to do this, click on the Clip Button on both Adjustment layers.
9. Use Curves to Alter the Color
Use the Curves tool to achieve the desired color. You may need to experiment with the values a bit to get the color you like.
10. Adjust the Color
Finally, we’re going to further adjust the color. Once the Hue/Saturation window pops up, use the 3 sliders to find the exact shade you want. The “Hue” slider alters the overall color, while “Saturation” is responsible for making it brighter or duller. “Lightness” can be used for light and dark adjustments.
Note: If you want to make some adjustments to the photo just let me know. I can do it for you at a very low cost. You can hire me to edit your photo.
- Mastering Smartphone Photography: A Comprehensive Guide with Pro TipsIntroduction: In the era of powerful smartphones equipped with advanced camera technology, mastering the art of smartphone photography has become more accessible than ever. Whether you’re an amateur or a seasoned photographer, these tips will help you elevate your smartphone photography game. From composition techniques to editing tricks, let’s dive into the world of capturing …
- Things All Photographers Need to Know About CopyrightUnderstanding copyright is essential for photographers to protect their creative work and navigate the legal landscape surrounding image usage. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the key aspects of copyright that all photographers need to know. 1. What is Copyright? Copyright is a legal right that grants the creator of an original work exclusive …
- How to Maximize Image Quality in PhotographyMaximizing image quality in photography involves a combination of capturing techniques, camera settings, and post-processing methods. This comprehensive guide explores various aspects of the photography process, from pre-capture considerations to post-production steps, all aimed at achieving the highest possible image quality. 1. Start with Quality Gear Investing in a high-quality camera and lenses is the …
- Lightroom’s HDR Display Features ExplainedLightroom, Adobe’s powerful photo editing and management software, offers a range of features to enhance and optimize your photographic workflow. One of the notable features is HDR (High Dynamic Range) display capabilities. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore Lightroom’s HDR display features, their functionalities, and how they can be leveraged to improve your editing experience. …
- Mastering Amazon Product Photography: Best Practices for Captivating Product ImagesIntroduction In the competitive landscape of e-commerce, effective product photography is a crucial element in driving sales and creating a lasting impression. When it comes to selling on Amazon, where customers heavily rely on visual information, your product images play a pivotal role in convincing potential buyers. In this guide, we’ll explore the best practices …