There is a lot of photography accessories on the market today – some are very useful, but most of them are a waste of money. Here are five of the most important accessories for landscape photography
Tripod: A tripod is important for one main reason, keeping your images sharp. You’ll want to select a small aperture to maximize depth-of-field, so you should be using a shutter speed of less than 1/60 second. It’s impossible to get a sharp image holding your camera in your hand at these slow speeds.
When choosing a tripod pick one made out of carbon fibers, these are light to carry but are sturdy in the ground. Choose a tripod that the legs will spread out far, this will help to optimize the strength of your support.
Filters: A small selection of filters is well worth packing when heading off for a trip. They don’t take up too much space and will definitely add a bit of spice to your images. A polarizing filter should be top of the list, while a few Neutral Density filters will certainly help with tough exposures. A 0.3, 0.6, and 0.9 will help with exposure without affecting the color.
Bring a few warm-up filters to help when the light is cool. The 81-series is the best choice, which will give your images an extra bit of life. There’s a large number of filters on the market today; these are the most important filters for landscape photography.
Correct Film: Fuji Velvia is an obvious choice for me when it comes to shooting landscapes. This is a slide film that is high in saturation and is perfect for capturing the color of all seasons. It comes in two speeds of ISO 50 and ISO 100.
It’s always handy to have a few rolls of Black and White film in the bag. You never know when you see a scene and know that it’s perfect for B/W. Whichever film you choose, bring plenty of rolls; don’t be caught in the middle of anywhere without film.
If you are shooting with a Digital SLR bring plenty of memory.
Cable Release: If your camera has a connection for a cable release you should buy one. It is a perfect accessory to minimize the risk of camera shake – especially if you are taking long exposures. It doesn’t take up too much room and is extremely light.
Light Meter: All modern-day cameras have light meters built into them, but if you are serious about landscape photography it’s advisable to have a hand-held light meter. These are small and lightweight, and when used correctly are extremely accurate.
These are the most important bits and pieces for your camera bag; other important accessories include spare batteries, a grey card, and a few spare lenses.
- Best Wedding Photography Tips – How To Take Wedding PhotosThere are several wedding photography tips to keep in mind when photographing a large wedding. Weddings are stressful not only for couples and their parents but also for photographers. The most important job of a wedding photographer is to capture the live moments from the couple’s most important day. It is difficult, strenuous, and, of …
- The Top Six Photoshop Design Trends for 2021Everywhere we look, we are bombarded with brands, graphics, and visuals. The power of design is unrivaled, making it a critical component of a company’s success in achieving greater reach, larger milestones, and growth in today’s world. Viewers make snap judgments based on what they see, so designers must create cutting-edge and captivating work. Graphic …
- How to Take Photographs of ChildrenPhotographing children can be a difficult task at times because most children dislike posing for the camera (especially when they are too busy doing something they like). Everything happens at a breakneck pace, making it difficult for the photographer to capture the moment. As a result, many of us end up with blurry and out-of-focus …
- CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHY TRENDSCamera and editing technology have advanced rapidly in the last decade. Previously, only a few trained specialists would be interested in photography, as the equipment and management required extensive knowledge. Photography has become far more user-friendly and affordable in recent years. Almost anyone with a powerful camera can experiment with photography as a medium, and …
- Digital Or Print Which Is Best In The World Of PhotographyIn the past, you simply did not have to make a choice between any other photography methods than film. Everyone had a film camera and everyone either learned to develop their own film or took it to their local processor. Now, you do have a choice and many people who are used to film wonder, …