Table of contents
1. Create a New Document
Start with launching Photoshop. Create a new document. Enter the preset details you see in a screenshot below.
2. Grab a Gradient Tool
Next, grab the Gradient Tool (G) in the Tools panel.
3. Add a New Layer
Then, add a new layer by clicking the “Create a New Layer” button at the bottom of the Layers panel. If this panel is hidden, activate it by pressing F7.
If you prefer using Photoshop keyboard shortcuts, use the Shift+Ctrl+N/Shift+Cmd+N key combination to create a new layer quicker.
4. Open More Options
You’ll notice the “Gradient Bar” at the top of the screen. This is where you can choose one of the ready-made templates, or customize the look of your gradient. Click on the dropdown arrow next to the gradient fill dialog box.
You’ll see a selection of default gradients. To extend this selection, click the settings icon and go to “New Gradient.”
5. Name the Gradient
Come up with a name for your gradient. Enter the name in the window that opens and click “ОК.”
6. Choose a Color
In the “Gradient Editor” window, click on a color stop. You’ll see a “Color Picker” appear. Choose the color you like.
The square on the left is the color your gradient starts with, and the color on the right is the shade it fades into.
7. Set a Starting Point
Once you have done that, click and hold to set a starting point.
8. Pick a Style
Gradients come in different types, and you can select the one you like the most. Up at the top bar, you’ll see 5 icons that stand for different gradient types.
Besides a linear gradient, which is a classic option that everyone is familiar with, there are 4 more that are less popular.
A radial gradient is when one color starts in the middle in the form of a circle and then gradually changes into the next color. It visually resembles the sun.
Angular is a counter-clockwise color sweep. It has 2 solid colors that gradually change into one another.
A reflected gradient is basically a simple linear gradient with a reflection.
Diamond resembles the radial gradient. The only difference is that here you have a diamond in the middle, instead of a circle.
9. Done! Save the Result
You’re done! You’ve successfully learned how to make a gradient in Photoshop.
To save the final result, go to the “File” tab, and navigate to “Save As.” Alternatively, use the Shift+Ctrl+S/Shift+Cmd+S shortcut.
Note: If you want to make some adjustments to the photo just let me know. I can do it for you at a very low cost. You can hire me to edit your photo.
- Best Wedding Photography Tips – How To Take Wedding PhotosThere are several wedding photography tips to keep in mind when photographing a large wedding. Weddings are stressful not only for couples and their parents but also for photographers. The most important job of a wedding photographer is to capture the live moments from the couple’s most important day. It is difficult, strenuous, and, of …
- The Top Six Photoshop Design Trends for 2021Everywhere we look, we are bombarded with brands, graphics, and visuals. The power of design is unrivaled, making it a critical component of a company’s success in achieving greater reach, larger milestones, and growth in today’s world. Viewers make snap judgments based on what they see, so designers must create cutting-edge and captivating work. Graphic …
- How to Take Photographs of ChildrenPhotographing children can be a difficult task at times because most children dislike posing for the camera (especially when they are too busy doing something they like). Everything happens at a breakneck pace, making it difficult for the photographer to capture the moment. As a result, many of us end up with blurry and out-of-focus …
- CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHY TRENDSCamera and editing technology have advanced rapidly in the last decade. Previously, only a few trained specialists would be interested in photography, as the equipment and management required extensive knowledge. Photography has become far more user-friendly and affordable in recent years. Almost anyone with a powerful camera can experiment with photography as a medium, and …
- Digital Or Print Which Is Best In The World Of PhotographyIn the past, you simply did not have to make a choice between any other photography methods than film. Everyone had a film camera and everyone either learned to develop their own film or took it to their local processor. Now, you do have a choice and many people who are used to film wonder, …