Table of contents
1. Grab the Quick Select Tool
Launch Photoshop. Upload the photo of your choice. Grab the Quick Select Tool (W) in the Tools panel.
2. Select the Hair
The next step of our change hair color Photoshop tutorial is selecting the hair. To include more areas, just click and drag over them. If you selected more than intended, you can remove content, by pressing the Alt/Opt keys as you click the part you want to remove.
3. Go to Select and Mask
To make our selection more accurate, click on the “Select and Mask’. You’ll see it in the Options Bar along the top. This will bring up a new window, where you’ll be able to further improve your selection.
4. Refine Edges
In a newly appeared window, you’ll see the toolbar on the left. It contains a bunch of tools that will help us refine our hair selection.
We’ll be using the Refine Edge Tool, as it’ the best for which is second from the top. It will help you deal even with the most difficult hair selections. Outline the rough edges to make the selection more accurate.
Remember, holding down the Alt/Opt keys will help you add or remove content from it.
5. Check the Boxes
After that, make sure to tick the boxes next to the “Smart Radius” and “Decontaminate Colors” options. The latter will help you fix any color fringing issues while the “Smart Radius” option will apply a smaller radius to clear-cut edges and a bigger one to more complicated ones.
Open the dropdown list next to the “Output to” box. Select “New Layer with Layer Mask.”
6. Confirm the Changes
Press “OK” to apply the changes. Once you’ve finalized them, your selection is ready.
7. Add 2 Adjustment Layers
Once you have done that, go to the Layers panel. If it’s not activated, you’ll find it under Window > Layers. If you’re a fan of Photoshop keyboard shortcuts, use the F7 key.
Then, activate the background layer. Add 2 adjustment layers: Hue/Saturation, Curves.
8. Click on the Clip Button
We don’t want our changes to be applied to all of the layers below. We only want to influence our current layer. In order to do this, click on the Clip Button on both Adjustment layers.
9. Use Curves to Alter the Color
Use the Curves tool to achieve the desired color. You may need to experiment with the values a bit to get the color you like.
10. Adjust the Color
Finally, we’re going to further adjust the color. Once the Hue/Saturation window pops up, use the 3 sliders to find the exact shade you want. The “Hue” slider alters the overall color, while “Saturation” is responsible for making it brighter or duller. “Lightness” can be used for light and dark adjustments.
Note: If you want to make some adjustments to the photo just let me know. I can do it for you at a very low cost. You can hire me to edit your photo.
- Best Wedding Photography Tips – How To Take Wedding PhotosThere are several wedding photography tips to keep in mind when photographing a large wedding. Weddings are stressful not only for couples and their parents but also for photographers. The most important job of a wedding photographer is to capture the live moments from the couple’s most important day. It is difficult, strenuous, and, of …
- The Top Six Photoshop Design Trends for 2021Everywhere we look, we are bombarded with brands, graphics, and visuals. The power of design is unrivaled, making it a critical component of a company’s success in achieving greater reach, larger milestones, and growth in today’s world. Viewers make snap judgments based on what they see, so designers must create cutting-edge and captivating work. Graphic …
- How to Take Photographs of ChildrenPhotographing children can be a difficult task at times because most children dislike posing for the camera (especially when they are too busy doing something they like). Everything happens at a breakneck pace, making it difficult for the photographer to capture the moment. As a result, many of us end up with blurry and out-of-focus …
- CURRENT PHOTOGRAPHY TRENDSCamera and editing technology have advanced rapidly in the last decade. Previously, only a few trained specialists would be interested in photography, as the equipment and management required extensive knowledge. Photography has become far more user-friendly and affordable in recent years. Almost anyone with a powerful camera can experiment with photography as a medium, and …
- Digital Or Print Which Is Best In The World Of PhotographyIn the past, you simply did not have to make a choice between any other photography methods than film. Everyone had a film camera and everyone either learned to develop their own film or took it to their local processor. Now, you do have a choice and many people who are used to film wonder, …